Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Alternate plan

Ok so the gym was closed but I called up a friend and we went for a walk--for 60 mins! Bad news--wore sandals. Mental note: wear sneakers when out for exercise and put on sunscreen! I have a bad burn around my neck--no redneck jokes please :)

One more thing, I did have have McDonald's for breakfast this morning--long story short, late night last night==dragging ass this morning. I chose the BLT, which I thought was not a bad choice.WELL it bothered me all day long, nagging at the back of my mind--how poor was it? I looked it on the net when I got home. 440 calories and 20 grams of fat--wicked! I know that I will never order that again. An egg mcmuffin has "only" 290 calories and 12 grams of fat. Forewarned is forearmed...does that make sense?! LOL I know that some of you just don't do fast food at all but I am realistic enough about myself and my family to know that it is something that happens. So I would rather familarize myself with the menu, make an informed choice and compensate throughout the day. Anyways tomorrow morning I'll be back to cereal, all bran buds and berries, which I love. MMMMMM bran buds, who knew?

4 comments:

Big Girl said...

Good job on the walk! That's awesome. I read your comment on my blog and if you are interested in pedometer I have the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pedometer. I bought it from Amazon for $20.

And don't worry, no red-neck jokes from me. =)

Alli said...

Good job on getting that exercise in there!!! Hey I love red neck jokes and I know I live in hicksville south haha. Ouch on the sandals girl... how are your feet doing today?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Sorry for the sore tootsies, but good for you for getting your walk in!

I frequently have the Yogurt Parfait for breakfast at McD's. Would that be enough breakfast for you, or do you need something a bit more substantial? (I spread breakfast out through the morning and have something more proteiny later.) Just a thought, at no additional charge to you. :)

Tully said...

Great work getting that exercise in and not using the gym being closed as an excuse!

I agree that being forwarned with fast food is best. I find myslef in situations around fast fod alot and realistically that is not going to change, so best to find a way to incorporate it in a healthy way. Good tip on the egg mcmuffin, that is not too bad at all!