Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Short and dirty...

Ok so the weekend was out of control eat wise...hubby home...friends for bbq...my parents for 2 days all equals way too much food. It was not bad food per say but just too much and we ate after 7 pm every night! Then on Monday, during the 3 hour drive to the airport to drop off my hub, he wanted to go to Dairy Queen. I had a burger--no fries, no pop...I logged that into mydailyplate.com when I got home and it was 640 cals, and 44 GRAMS OF FAT! I felt like that one item ruined Friday's workout. I've got to figure how to stop myself from sabotaging when I eat with other people. Do any of you struggle with that? My meals will be ok but then I'll snack throughout the time that we are together. Ok I'm lying I eat too much at my meals too...I think when I eat with other people I'm not as concious of what's going in my mouth as when I'm alone.

On a positive note, I've had two kickass days of workouts. I'm really enjoying the Couch to 5k program. Tomorrow I move on to run 90 secs and walk 2 mins. My friend, who runs, wonders at the slow pace of the program, but as I told her, this body has not RUN since the eighth grade so I think it's good to start slow. I've been running on the treadmill, this weekend I'll run outside, while I'm visiting my parents. That is the plan--please someone hold me to it--ok, ok, I have to hold myself accountable, I know!

All for now....oh and I'm craving peanut butter like crazy! Why!

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Those burgers are dangerous! I only have one every month or so now, and then it's a teeny one. :)

I think you're wise to go the "slower" route" with the running. You're building a strong running platform, if you will, and that takes a little time. I think you're doing great!

elife said...

Wow, so impressed with you doing the couch to 5K program. And I totally agree with Cammy, slow is the way to go!!

Alli said...

Oy DQ is a dangerous area. You did good thoguh think of how many MORE cals taht would have been with the fries and pop!
I am in love with trader joes natural crunchy pb...