Saturday, July 19, 2008

I bought a bike....

Looking at my daily routine, I realize that other than going to the gym, I have very little "active" activity in my day. I had purchased a bike trailer many months ago for the kids, with the intentions of getting a bike. So today I FINALLY followed thru. The kids loved it and realized that my level of fitness is quite a bit lower than I had thought! So instead of coming home at night and just fiddling time away until bedtime, I'm going to go for a bike ride and take the kids. Nothing like hauling my 250 lb body around plus the 80 lbs in the trailer...I want to show my kids that living an active life style is more than going to the gym...

5 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congatulations on the new bike! And what a wonderful thing to share with your kids. Not only the fitness angle, but the memories you'll create as you go off on your adventures.

Alli said...

That is so great!!! I bet you will get alot of benefits from that extra activity too!!

Big Girl said...

oh fun!!! I want to see a picture of it and the trailer.

Carolyn said...

I remember biking when I was at your weight.. it's HARD! But fun! YOur kids will love spending the time with you, you'll see! Have fun on those hills... yech!

As for yoru previous posts... your body will fluctuate every single day. Some days I'll be up 4lbs, others I"ll be down 5. It's just the way it goes. Just maintain your WI days, and remember that you WILL gain weight, but don't let it bother you. It's just yoru body doing it's thing. IN the long run, your'e doing amazing changes for yourself and your kids.

As for hubby... everythign is a two way street. I hope you can re-discover happiness in yoru relationship. Try to get back to when you were just dating maybe? I knwo my aunt and uncle do the 'alberta' thing too, and they're pretty sketchy sometimes. I cna't imagine doing that - I need my guy around all the time or I get lonley, and then I start to forget him.. it's an odd cycle. I wish you luck!

Julie said...

congrats on the new bike!!
You are awesome for hauling around the trailer!