Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bike update....

Uh...yeah! Ok so this is not working out like I thought it would. The kids fight in the trailer and they are heavy! I do ok biking alone but man, with them it's unreal! And they will only stay peaceful for 5 mins, then I have to stop and negociate a peace treaty! So maybe the goal is for me to bike and take them along next summer on their own bikes :)

That being said, my sneakers arrived and I LOVE them! I also have 2 days of the Couch to 5k program under my belt and I really love that too. I love running--I feel powerful, who knew? I'm also doing interval training on the ellipitical. I kind of let my interval training slip because I was getting bored but I know that will help kickstart the weight loss--it worked in January so why not now?

I don't know if I mentioned this or not but I'm working part-time at Addition Elle for the summer. (I worked at Penningtons, like 5 years ago, before I got my fulltime teaching gig--sound familiar Carolyn???) My friends who are fellow teachers think I'm crazy but I have to stay busy or I'll eat all the time--it's what my history is. ANYWAYS--I would just like to remind my fellow bloggers how important a good, supportive bra is. I see women come into the store all the time and try on clothes and they think that the shirt/top/dress is not right for them. However, once I convince them to try on a bra that actually places the "girls" where they should be, it's amazing the difference in the clothes. I bought into the idea of a good bra many years ago when I originally worked at Penningtons. I understand that bras are expensive but they are one of the few items that you will wear EVERYDAY, so why shouldn't you have a good one? People will eat out and spend $50 for dinner and that's gone in minutes... Ok enough of a mini-rant, just an idea to those of you who sometimes feel slouchy in your garments :)

Thanks to all who read my blog, it's nice to "feel" your support. Just as I hope that I support y'all...

I've got to drive to Halifax airport tomorrow night to pick up hubby--very happy to do that! We are having friends over for BBQ on Friday night and my parents are coming to town for a visit (they live 3 hours away) so this weekend will be busy but fun. AND summer school ends Friday--big YEAH for that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the biking didn't work out as expected. It probably would be good to go on your own and escape for a little while, if you can find he time. Sounds like you have your hand full! =)

I totally agree with the bra thing, sadly I am guilty of the same. Its hard to find the right fit when your weight keeps going up & down. But you are right! Its something we just have to do, besides we're worth it! =)

butterfly said...

I couldn't agree more on the bra topic. It can change someones entire look!

A colleague of mine has recently lost a very large amount of weight, however her shape has remained the same as she hasn't yet invested in a better fitting bra. I'd love to be able to tell her that a new bra will make a world of difference, but I'm not sure how to approach it. She confides to me that she's a little disapointed that she's lost 50 lbs and not many people seem to notice. I swear, a supportive bra would just change everything! Any suggestions on the approach?

Laura said...

Hi Christa,

Welcome to the Addition-Elle family! I'm the lingerie buyer (home office/Montreal)and am thrilled that you are a bra fan & 'get' the need for a proper fitting bra. Have you taken our bra fit training? If so, what did you think? Do you have a favorite Addition-Elle bra style? I am passionate about getting full figure (I prefer Voluptuous, personally) women into the right style and size - it really can change the way you look and FEEL about yourself, and makes our clothing fit so much better.
Glad to have you on board, even if it's only for the summer. Happy Trails! Laura