Thursday, July 3, 2008

I found a new wagon...

Ok so after being up and down on the scale the last few months--I'm determined that I'm losing 15 lbs by September 1st. My exercise program is good but I'm working out 5 days a week, burning at least 500 calories per workout. I'm going to try to get in the occassional Saturday workout on the weekends that hubby is home. So really the area that needs attention is my eating. I've gotten slack the last few months. I've been stress about my relationship with my husband and when I'm stressed, I eat. As well I've been exercising hard, only to eat things that I shouldn't because c'mon I've worked hard. Well no more. I was measuring food in terms of how long would it take for me to work that off and lately that thought hasn't even entered my mind. So from now on, that's my modus operandi.

To track my eating, a friend has agreed that we will email each other every day of what we have eaten, so there's some accountability. Tonight I made the kids mac and cheese and cooked myself a steak and brussel sprouts. Well after I dished out their portions of mac and cheese, there was about 4 tablespoons left. My first thought was to eat it, so it wouldn't be "wasted"(I didn't want to eat it). I put the first bite in my mouth and thought what are you doing?! I spit it out and tossed the leftovers. I sat down with my steak and brussel sprouts and enjoyed my meal. Yay for being conscious! However the weekend is coming and that's usually my downfall...so if you could send some good eating vibes my way, it would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

word2yomutha said...

sending good eating vibes your way...if you don't already use the daily plate its worth checking out. Most food is in their database and it tracks your calories/fat/sodium/sugar/protein/etc. and you can set calorie goals and log fitness. The previous 5 months that I was using it were very successful I just need to get back with it but I feel confident in recommending it. Also one of my favorite diet-esque sayings is better to waste than to waist....

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Kudos to you for mindful eating! I keep hearing that nutrition is 75% of successful weight loss/maintenance. The right foods in the right portions with the right exercise and you're THERE by Sept 1st! I'll be watching and cheering you on!