Monday, June 30, 2008

Emotional weekend...

Ok...why do I buy ice cream? Can someone tell me that? I cannot have ice cream in the house without eating it and I was raised that you do not throw out good food. So I bought a carton of ice cream on Friday and today it is gone. And I'm relieved and full :( I need to not buy it! I will not buy ice cream, I will not buy ice cream, I will not buy ice cream (it's my new chant)!

However other than ice cream, the weekend was not bad. Hubby was home from his "away" job. He will now be home every other weekend, while this is still tough it is better than weeks and weeks at a time. However, he has not joined me on the healthier eating wagon, so the first thing he does when he gets home is buy groceries. White bread, butter, 2% milk, sweets and bacon. Luckily a fan of bacon I am not but I did get him to eat a salad with me and he is using the "light" cheez whiz :) Baby steps...

Can I just say how annoyed I am that my gym is closed tomorrow for Canada Day! I know it's a great holiday and everyone deserves it but it falls on a Tuesday--I haven't missed a Mon-Fri workout day in 3 weeks! Sat and Sunday are my days off---grrrr....

I'm ranting--probably all the sugar from the ice cream--I will not buy ice cream, I will not buy ice cream, I will not buy ice cream!

1 comment:

Big Girl said...

I will not buy chocolate. I will not buy chocolate. I'm the same with chocolate as you are with ice cream...

Enjoy Canada Day!