Thursday, June 5, 2008

Isn't it funny...

Today a good friend of mine said to me, "Wow you are continuing to lose weight. You look great." I thanked her and wondered if it was true, could other people see a difference in me. When I look at myself, in a mirror or a reflection, I still see the overweight me. Tonight though, I took a good look at my naked body in the mirror. Hmmm my fat roll above my belly button, oh my god I HAVE a belly button, is getting smaller. On the bellt button front, I can remember the last time I looked at my naked self and saw my belly button as it is suppose to look. maybe when I was 16 or 17 but I can't remember that. Oh wait my arms, that I HATE because they are so flabby, well aren't so flabby anymore. I will actually wear shirts that have cap-sleeves, which I avoided forever. And hey look at that, I do have an ass, its round and a bit cute. And when I smile, which is more often, I no longer see a double chin. And oh my god, are those collarbones, ok so they are not obvious but I can feel them with my hands. So I guess there is progress. I think part of the problem is that I had trained myself not to look at myself in mirrors because I hated myself and what I had become. However, i think now the mirror could help motivate me to keep going.

I don't know if anyone else watches the show "X-weighted" but last night was an incredibly motivating story of a woman from Calgary, who dropped 46 pounds in 6 months and 20 INCHES--to me the inches was just amazing. I like that show, and I wish Paul Plakas would come give me an exercise program to target my needy areas--hey Paul if you read this, call me :)

Lastly the eating this week has been much better. I don't want to go back to being "ugly", uncomfortable and unable to buy "cool" clothes. I eat my carbs in the morning and that's it--meaning bread or cereal. After that it's lean protein, fruit, veggies, yogurt and water. I don't feel as sluggish at the end of the day and my "sweet" craving is starting to diminuish--here's hoping the scale moves soon...

3 comments:

Big Girl said...

It is nice when people notice =) And even nicer that you are smiling more and really seeing the difference. Good work!

Carolyn said...

When I was home, it seemed that that was at the forefront of everyone's thoughts and comments. Though it was nice, I started to think, "are they lying to be nice"? Isnt' that deranged?
So i sat down, and started looking at my pics from my trip, and I do look better. I'm sure you do too! We need to appreciate our bodies no matter what shape they're in, even if it could be better. You're doing so well, and you have such strong convictions.. keep it up!

Alli said...

Woohooo... compliments are the best arent they!? Its so awesome when WE can notice the changes too. Keep up the great work.