Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tired this week...

Well my school year is winding down. We had Prom/Safe Grad on Monday night. I stayed up all night supervising 190 graduates (along with my co-workers). We had hypnotist, a bonfire and breakfast at dawn...it was GREAT fun! Wednesday night was Graduation and I have to tell you that it is this night that makes me appreciate what I do for a living. My specialty is teaching kids who struggle to get through school. Some kids struggle due to learning disabilities, some due to mental illness and others come from highly dysfunctional families where the main focus is just survival. So for me to watch those kids walk across the stage and receive a high school diploma is just amazing and a bit sad knowing that for some of them, this will be the highlight of their life. Today was paperwork day and tomorrow will be too. So needless to say, the gym has only seen me 2x this week but I will be going tomorrow morning.

Eating has been on track, aside from the deepfried hash browns on Tuesday morning--YUM! I feel better this week, I think that increasing veggies and cutting down on fruit has helped as well as I've increased my fiber. For those of you who have not tried the All Bran buds, they are actually very tasty. My kids will eat them, so what does that say?! hahahahaha

On another front, my husband has taken a job where he will work 10 days in Alberta and be home in New Brunswick for 4 days. Less money but he will be home on a regular basis. We'll have to see how this all plays out...

C'mon summer vacation--I'm going to learn to golf this summer--that's my goal. That and to lose 15 lbs between now and my return to work in September. I hope that's workable since I've only lost about 8lbs since February. I'm ramping up the exercise this summer, so here's planning.... (not hope, since I had hope for years that the weight would magically disappear and we all know how that worked out)....

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Heya darling!!
Just wnated to say I really appreciate you always posting when dropping by... you've got great insight!
I know what you mean about seeing those kids cross the stage... When I get started next year, I"m almost scared of dealing with 12's... they have so much promise, but so much pressure at that age... but what a great vocation we share. I love helping kids feel like human beings, adults, etc. So much of learning is wrapped up in confidence, don't you think?
I think you can lose if you want to. ONe day at a time, that's the way to do it! And upping veggies is a terrific way to start!! ALL BRAN BUDS ROCK.. try them with nice plump blueberries.... gosh I LOVE it. I mix 1/3 cup Bran buds with 1/2 cup blue berries and 1/2 cup honey nut cheerios.. mmm. Fav breakfast right now!!

Anonymous said...

WTG on ramping up the exercise for this summer! The veggies will help & don't forget the water! I too, need to step it up. Have a good week.