Friday, August 22, 2008

Ummm...hello...summer?

Where did the summer go? We've had soooooo much rain that it felt like summer was never truly here. Although this weekend is suppose to be awesome and then it's back to work for me. I'm very excited to get back to teaching and meeting the new kids entering high school. But I am going to miss my flexible scheduling and spending more time with my kids. I finished week 3 of the Couch to 5K. And this morning's run felt good even though my hamstring was stretching on the first few minutes. I honestly feel like this running is going to work well for me (fingers crossed!).

I am curious what other people eat pre-workout. This morning I had a slice of multigrain bread, 1tbsp peanut butter and a glass of V8 and felt great. The other morning I had a bowl of cereal and a coffee--I wanted to puke halfway thru my run. I'm trying to get out of my food rut. I read an interesting tidbit the other day that a study found that overweight people tend to eat the same boring bland food all the time. People who are thin tend to eat a variety of foods with many seasonings and spicy flavor. Apparently I wasn't part of that study because I love savory foods :)

No comments: