Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tired

I don't have much to say lately.
--I'm back to work--yay for better eating :)
--I'm working out at 6 am every morning--it's going well but my running is not on track with the Couch to 5K program--oh well :)
--My husband comes home this weekend, so after all the time of adjusting to this new schedule, I feel like we are getting back on track.
--My 4 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD and we started meds. I'm thinking about joining a parent support group.
--I'm PMSing this week and craving ice cream like there is no tomorrow but I have not bought any!

Hope all you are doing well.

5 comments:

Natalia said...

Hello! Good for you on fighting the ice cream craving. I'm familiar with that one. Ice Cream is my favorite food. :)

elife said...

Working out everyday at 6am, you are getting it done!

butterfly said...

Wow, that's impressive. I can't remember the last time I saw 6:00 a.m. on the clock!

I too was diagnosed with ADHD as a child. It was almost unheard of at the time, and now every second child is being diagnosed with it.

I was on ritalin for some time, and if I could offer any insight, I'd suggest to steer clear. Our bodies gradually become accustomed to it, so the prescription needs to be constantly adjusted and increased.

The best treatment I had was adjusting behavioral patterns. I had exercises to teach me how to focus, how to control my thought processes, and use my energy.

I guess I could compare it to this- You're overweight, so you go on the slimfast diet & atkins. You've lost weight sure, but you haven't modified your eating habits. The slimfast is just a band aid for the present. It's not correcting the real issue.

At one point I was taken to a podiatrist because I was always walking around on my toes. I didn't have a problem with my feet, I was just so riled up all the time that I was litterally on my toes!

A large percentage of children don't outgrow this. This is a lifelong struggle, but it does get easier, I can assure you.

If you have any questions please please don't be shy =)

Big Girl said...

I should take your lead and work out at 6am... that would be the perfect time for me. Getting it out of the way and getting my day going before everyone else.

Hope everything goes well for you and your son. I know ADHD can be quite challenging.

Unknown said...

You have enlivened such a large number of Herbal Tips! Continue doing the Benefits Tips LLL Care things that you generally do!